Monday, April 19, 2010

Album Absorption 001: Plastic Beach

I realized I hadn't kicked around the new Gorillaz album, Plastic Beach, yet. Here are some tracks from it that I like so far.

Gorillaz - Stylo [feat. Bobby Womack and Mos Def] (2010); This is the single from Plastic Beach. The video has Bruce Willis in it and is worth watching. (They are savvy gentlemen who have disallowed embedding the video, so you'll have to click through.)



Gorillaz - Plastic Beach [feat. Mick Jones and Paul Simonon] (2010); I think this track is pretty interesting for them. It has some weird glo-fi stuff going on, I think, and I approve. They have always had strength in the hip hop relations department, and it's just nice to see them moving in other, more experimental directions.



Gorillaz - Some Kind of Nature [feat. Lou Reed] (2010); This song is worth the cost of admission just to hear Lou Reed's iconic voice over the kind of shit that Gorillaz can lay down. It does funky things to my brain parts. Unfortunately, it is a slightly limp-wristed track, but the idiosyncratic verses go a good ways toward making up for it. Feel free to do as I do and tune out the inane refrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment